A great article on DiabetesDigest.com goes into stepping up and stepping out. Now that the weather is shifting into spring and becoming a bit more outdoor friendly, it’s a great opportunity to extend your walks. It’s a always a great day to enjoy the scenery and increase your heart-rate. The article also talks about using a pedometer and goal setting to increase movement throughout time.
A few ways to get out and take more steps are:
- Step while you’re cooking, doing the dishes or cleaning.
- Park your car farther away from your destination.
- Walk in place during television commercials.
- Pace while talking on the phone.
- Volunteer to get the mail.
- Take the dog for a walk.
Read more at diabetesdigest.com